American, 1920 - 1995
Harold Krisel studied architecture at the Chicago Institute of Design’s New Bauhaus from 1946-1949. He became a member of American Abstract Artists in 1946, and retained this membership for the duration of his life. Krisel completed his graduate studies at the Illinois Institute of Technology in 1952 He then worked as an architect at Skidmore, Owings and Merrill until 1966, when he joined the faculty of the High School of Art and Design in Manhattanwhere he taught architecture until his retirement in 1981.
Once retired, Krisel pursued his life long dream of dedicating himself full time to the fine arts, where he worked on commissioned sculpture, fountains, and graphics in his studio in Bridgehampton, Long Island.